September is Baby Safety Month!
This month we’ll be sharing helpful tips and tricks for keeping your baby safe. Whether you’re a new parent or a veteran, it’s helpful to be reminded of hazards in the home, during mealtime, play time etc. and how to avoid them. Keep an eye out for our next post on choking prevention!
Top 5 Tips to Protect Your Baby
- A firm mattress and fitted sheet are all you need for your baby’s crib. Remove blankets and toys.
- Learn to use your child’s car seat the right way. Use this checklist to help.
- Make sure you have both a working smoke alarm and a carbon monoxide alarm on every level of your home, and in all sleeping areas. Test the alarms to make sure they work.
- Place your baby’s crib and other furniture away from windows and blinds. Your baby is safer without any strings or cords within reach.
- Set your water heater to 120F to avoid scalds.
#babysafetymonth #keepyourbabysafe #babysafety
Tags: bloodpressure, denver, newwestphysicians