Have you scheduled your Annual Wellness Visit yet? The main purpose of an Annual Wellness Visit is to check your overall health. It also ensures your personal plan of care is working. This visit is a good time to address any health concerns with your doctor.
Is it covered by my health plan?
An Annual Wellness Visit is usually covered; however, check with your health plan to make sure this benefit applies to you.
What to expect
Your care provider will create a personalized prevention plan for you based on your current health and risk factors. This can help to catch health problems early when they are easier to manage.
Annual exams typically check your:
- Health history
- Vital signs
- Head and neck
Your care provider will also:
- Update your list of medications
- Look for any cognitive impairment
- Offer personalized health advice
- Create a list of risk factors and treatment options for you
- Provide a checklist of screenings that are right for you
Call your care provider to schedule your Annual Wellness Visit today.