Our understanding of COVID-19 continues to evolve. Nationally, COVID-19 activity is still increasing.
SARS-CoV-2 is the name of the virus that causes coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The disease is believed to have originally occurred from animal-to-person contact, and it spreads person-to-person.
COVID-19 can be mild or severe, and it can affect anyone. However, older people with other health conditions seem to be at higher risk for severe illness and death.
Help protect yourself, your family and your community against illness.
- Practice physical distancing of at least 6 feet from people other than those in your household.
- Wear a face mask when you are not able to practice physical distancing.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick or who have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Avoid touching your face, mouth or eyes with unwashed hands.
As COVID-19 continues to be active in our state and across the country, New West Physicians remains committed to delivering safe and effective care for patients who have been exposed to the virus as well as all other patients.