Summary: Primary responsibilities will be working the phones and front office duties. However, this position will also need to assist in the delivery of primary health care and patient care management as needed. Assistant to physician or primary care giver; performs selected nursing duties, keep patient flow according to schedule, prepare patient for care giver and/or triage.
Education, Skills and Abilities:
- Prior experience of excellent customer service and telephone skills
- General clerical experience and knowledge of office equipment and computer software
- Medical terminology desirable
- Requires ability to handle cash and to count money at high volumes
- Skills in computation, typing and filing, records maintenance
- Ability to make simple mathematical computations
- Certification as a Medical Assistant required.
- Must have 1-2 years of medical office experience in patient care or completed a recognized Medical Assistant Course.
- CPR certification required.
- Must have the ability to lift, carry, push and pull objects up to 40 pounds, using appropriate body mechanics.
- Requires sitting, standing and general moving around in room.
- Must possess basic knowledge in dealing with potential hazardous working conditions in which individual may be exposed to a risk of bodily injury through contact with moving instrumentation, chemicals and/or body fluids.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments and supplies. Ensure all areas are neat and clean. Ensures clinical areas are kept stocked, equipment is working properly, instruments are clean and sterilized, when appropriate.
- Review patient’s charts and call the patient from the waiting room. Take vital signs as outlined by office policy. These include, but are not limited to; primary medical complaint, weight, height, blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respirations, current medications and allergies and documenting in flow sheets and medical history. Document all information into patient’s electronic chart.
- Assists provider with examinations, minor surgical procedures, and physicals.
- May be required to perform certain tasks alone as instructed.Assists with and schedule patients for ancillary testing, therapy, specialist visits and hospital admissions.
- Assists with the triage of telephone calls for provider, including patient call- backs regarding medical reports, laboratory results and medical instruction. Review the patient’s condition and communicate with provider. (site specific).
- Takes pharmacy messages for prescription refills and process according to office procedures. Ensure safety and security for all medications (site specific).
- Assists with the maintenance of patient’s files, records and other information. Assist with the maintenance of the recall (tickler) file system for patients as indicated by provider.
- Assembles patient information packets. Monitor inventory of same. Order supplies when necessary. Perform patient education as requested.
- Work closely with all insurance companies and have a basic understanding of the companies of the carriers we participate. Assists with written and verbal patient referrals (site specific).
- Assists with the ordering of medical supplies. This may include but not limited to; stocking supplies to appropriate place as they arrive, signing and dating invoices, placing copy in appropriate order book and ensuring that site coordinator has signed invoice. May also handle returns or follow up with orders that are incomplete or incorrect.
- Works closely with other staff members in order to facilitate a smooth flow of patients. Review providers’ schedule in advance to be aware of pending problems or possible schedule errors.
- Handles infectious specimens when necessary with appropriate biohazard precautions.
- Maintains safe working environment and follow New West Safety Policies and OSHA Procedures.
- Assists in keeping the clinical portion of the office clean and organized. Offer assistance to other staff when work flow allows.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all company procedures, results, and information about patients and clients.
Some travel may be needed to the Centennial office to help with coverage.
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a urine drug screen and will be required to pass a background check before starting work.
Thank you for your interest in New West Physicians, online applications will be forwarded directly to the hiring authority. Please, no phone calls or drop-ins.
|Job Category||Medical & Clinical|