Full-Time position to work front and back office will be divided between three locations. This position will split time between our Bear Valley, Lakeview and North Denver Family and Internal Medicine practices. While this is a split position, all efforts will be made to have a clear schedule provided as much in advance as practicable. At times, there may be need to travel between offices during the day. This is an exciting opportunity for any Medical Assistant wanting to expand their breadth of skills.
This position is responsible for performing both front office and back office duties as needed. Front Offices duties will include answering heavy incoming call volume using a multi-line phone system, appointment scheduling, processing and posting co-pays and payments and greeting patients at check-in. The back office duties are the essential functions of a Medical Assistant: room patients, review medications, anticipate Provider needs, task lab work and referrals, return patient calls, resolve patient issues, maintain a courteous and professional demeanor with patients and office staff. Communicate in a positive and effective manner. Use electronic medical records, portal and email effectively.
- Certified MA or graduate of an accredited MA program
- 2 years prior experience as a MA preferred
- Prior experience as a receptionist in a medical practice preferred
- Answering phones, scheduling appointments and greeting patients
- Accepting and updating insurance information in our records systems
- Processing tasks as required for either front or back office duties
- Experience with Electronic Health Records helpful
- Must be willing and have the ability to multi-task, be detail oriented and efficient
- Must have excellent communication /customer service skills
This position may entail triaging patients on the phone, doing intake for providers, hands on patient care including EKG’s, injections, taking vital signs and drawing labs. This job also requires answering medical questions and completing medication refills per protocol.
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a urine drug screen and will be required to pass a background check before starting work.
Thank you for your interest in New West Physicians. Online applications will be forwarded directly to the hiring authority. Please, no phone calls or drop-ins.
|Job Category||Administrative Support, Medical & Clinical|