Full-Time position. Perform essential functions of a Medical Assistant: room patients, review medications, anticipate Provider needs, task lab work and referrals, return patient calls, resolve patient issues, maintain a courteous and professional demeanor with patients and office staff. Communicate in a positive and effective manner. Use electronic medical records, portal and email effectively.
- Certified MA or graduate of an accredited MA program
- 2 years prior experience as a MA preferred
- Must be comfortable with computer systems
- Experience with Electronic Health Records helpful
- Must have ability to multi-task, be detail oriented and efficient
- Must have excellent communication /customer service skills
This position will entail triaging patients on the phone, doing all intake for providers, hands on patient care including EKG’s, injections, taking vital signs and drawing labs. This job also entails answering medical questions and completing medication refills per protocol. It will also include backing up the other medical assistants if needed.
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a urine drug screen and will be required to pass a background check before starting work.
Thank you for your interest in New West Physicians. Online applications will be forwarded directly to the hiring authority. Please, no phone calls or drop-ins.
|Job Category||Medical & Clinical|