Can certain food and drink lower you risk for cancer?
Although we know that no single food can help prevent or fight cancer, we do have evidence that your overall diet can. Eating plant-based foods such as vegetables, fruits, soy, nuts, whole grains, and beans are helpful for prevention and staying healthy. These plant-based foods are filled with nutrients that boost your immune system and give protection against cancer cells.
The best food and drink for prevention against cancer are:
- These have an anti-cancer substance within them called isothiocyanate. They are also rich in vitamins and minerals. Kale is an excellent source of omega three fatty acids that make it a very strong anti-inflammatory.
- This fruit is full of antioxidants that help prevent cell damage. Filled with vitamin C to support the immune system that helps your body absorb iron. Blueberries provide the most health benefits when raw because they are filled with acid and anthocyanosides.
- Green-Tea is loaded with antioxidants. It is shown that epigallocatechin-30gallate (EGCG), which is an antioxidants found in this drink are effective.
- Tomatoes contain lycopene, which is one of the free radical-fighting antioxidants. Unlike radical-fighting antioxidants, cannot attach to your cells and hurt your immune system. It also helps prevent heart disease; they are an excellent source of vitamin A, C, and E that are enemies of cancer.
To be more specific, these are what plant-based foods that prevent specific cancers:
- Diets with fruit may lower the risk of stomach and lung cancer.
- Blueberries, strawberries, watermelon
- Food that is high in vitamin C may protect against esophageal cancer.
- Oranges, berries, bell peppers, dark leafy greens
- Diets with non-starchy vegetables help against stomach cancer.
- Broccoli, spinach, beans
- Food with high levels of lycopene may lower the risk of prostate cancer.
- Tomatoes, watermelon