When an accident, injury or illness occurs, it is important to quickly decide what type of care you need and where to go for treatment. Recent trends in building free-standing ER’s make your decision more challenging!
Urgent Care & ER
If it's Not Life Threatening, Call Your Primary Care Doctor
- A New West physician can be contacted 24/7 , 365 days a year to assist you.
- The cost of an Office or Urgent Care visit ranges from $30 – $150
- Most people really need less-intense, less-expensive urgent-care centers.
Free-Standing ER's – Don't be fooled!
It used to be a safe assumption that the free-standing clinics in your neighborhood were Urgent Care Centers, but that is no longer the case
- Free-standing ER’s are being built at a rapid rate and look very similar to Urgent Care Centers.
- These clinics charge ER Rates that are double or triple what is charged at urgent-care centers.
- The average bill in the ER will be $1,500 – You may not know until you get ready to pay!
- In case of real emergencies, either dial 911 or choose a hospital based ER. These are fully integrated systems with all the necessary equipment and specialists under one roof.
- If convenient, choose one of our preferred hospitals that have hospitalists who will continue to guide your care: Lutheran Medical Center, St Anthony Hospital, Porter Adventist, Swedish Medical Center and Littleton Hospital
Urgent Care Clinics – Helping you navigate
- On average, costs will be one-third the cost of ER – ranging from $30-$150
- Where possible utilize an Urgent Care Center on our Preferred Urgent Care Clinic list below
- This information will be posted on our Website under each of our office’s location page
- If you choose another, do your homework to make sure it is not a free-standing ER!
New West Physicians’ goal is to work with you to determine the best possible care. When faced with a crisis, it is important to have someone you can count on for guidance – your primary care physician (PCP).